Thursday, July 19, 2012

A SEPARATION screens at 7.30 pm Friday 20 July This brilliant Iranian dram should not be missed.



                                                                 A Separation Trailer

A SEPARATION (Iran) PG(older) 123 mins. Ashjar Farhadi’s Oscar, Golden Bear, Cesar, GG…. winning human drama of a married couple are faced with a difficult decision - to improve the life of their child by moving to another country or to stay in Iran and look after a deteriorating parent who has Alzheimer's disease. “This exquisite film begins slowly but soon grabs you by the throat as it explores the fine line between truth, honesty, loyalty and justice. The performances are all excellent. It’s a wonderful film.” Margaret , ATM, ABC 
MARGARET: I love the little insights, going to the petrol station, he makes her go get the change from the attendant because he didn’t actually fill the tank, it’s such a little insight in his character. These insights into the legal system in Iran, which are so interesting and textured because it is a completely different system from ours. But aiming at the same thing, aiming at ultimate justice. I just, I love this film, I love… really love it. I’m giving it five stars, it’s rare for me, but I just embraced it so wholeheartedly.


DAVID: I’m going to join you and embrace it too. I’m giving it five stars, it’s a wonderful film.
ATM, ABC Review A Separation


Rotten Tomatoes 99%
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/a_separation_2011/


ArtsHub 5 Stars
http://www.artshub.com.au/au/news-article/reviews/film-tv-radio/a-separation-187841


Peter Bradshaw The Guardian: This powerful, complex Iranian drama centres on a conflict that cuts across boundaries of gender and class

No comments: